REAL Chai Pumpkin Spice Latte
‘Tis that time of year folks! Pumpkin. Spice. Latte time!
I remember the days of PSL overload! I wasn’t concerned if there was even a drop of real pumpkin in my takeout cup. Heck, I didn’t even like real pumpkin, as long as it was topped with whipped cream and was sugary sweet, I was a happy girl!
Now? I’m a little more fussy and have actually developed a taste for pumpkin! The beautiful part of this chai pumpkin spice latte is not only the wonderful pumpkin spice flavor, but also the frothiness that comes with using a blender and not a fancy, expensive machine. I legit just toss all the ingredients into my magic bullet and twirl it away. The result is barista quality frothy goodness. Trust me, you’ll want to skip the barista PSL – made with syrups and artificial flavors and make this daily!
*I add collagen to my tea daily. Collagen imparts no flavor but is SO good for your hair, skin, nails and connective tissue. I use this collagen because it comes from grassfed bovine. Obviously skip if Vegan.
*I like to make my own pumpkin puree that I freeze and have at my disposal all winter. It’s super easy to make. I roast a few pumpkins in the oven until soft, scoop out the seeds (and toss or roast) then add the flesh to my Blendtec with a bit of water. I twirl this around until smooth and pour into ice-cube trays. Once frozen, I store these in a freezer bag.
** If you’re doing Whole30, skip the sweetener OR soak 1-2 dates in hot water, then add to blender with tea.
*** For Whole30 use a clean nut milk or coconut milk or make your own
REAL Chai Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Hot water
- Chai tea
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie filling *see note
- Organic Real Sugar Cane or sweetener of choice - **See notes if Whole30
- 1/2 scoop Grass Fed Collagen I use this one - optional
- 4 tbsp Organic raw cream, Almond Milk, or milk of your choosing - ***See notes if Whole30
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice make your own
- A Magic Bullet or small blender
- Make your chai tea as usual.
- While it is steeping, add all the other ingredients to your blender. If using the Magic Bullet use the flat blade.
- Add chai tea and twirl around a few seconds.
- You will have a nice, foamy beverage that'll make you forget all about the artificial barista PSL.