2 Minute Creamy Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
If you love salad as much as I do, you’ll LOVE this 2 Minute Creamy Poppy Seed Vinaigrette because a salad isn’t really a salad without dressing!
As much as I like lettuce, I don’t like lettuce without a delicious dressing and homemade is always best. I mean have you ever really looked at the ingredients of store bought salad dressing? EEK!! Most of them, even the organic ones, are based on cheap oils: soy, sunflower, canola but a storm of chemicals, preservatives and additives.
Do you know what salad dressing and airplanes have in common? Nope, this is not a trick question. Here’s your answer. (Brace yourself).
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut vinegar like this one
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and poppy seeds.
- To make a beautiful creamy dressing you will want to emulsify the olive oil by slowly streaming it in. Combine really well before adding more.
- Once creamy, toss in poppy seeds and stir to combine.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for 7 days.
- The trick to making this dressing creamy is to add the olive oil in a little at a time and mixing well before adding more.
- YIELDS: 1/2 cup
Other salad dressings you may want to try: