Pumpkin Spice Cookies You Can Actually Eat! (Paleo, AIP, GAPS, V)
Pumpkin spice – an autumn right of passage. Everywhere I turn this time of year, there’s an ad or a sign advertising pumpkin-spiced something. The problem is most, if not all are loaded with corn syrup, grains, and/or chemicals.
Libby’s got your back though because I’ve been working on a yummy pumpkin spice cookie treat you can actually eat! *applause* I hope you enjoy them!
*UPDATE: This has become a wildly popular recipe for anyone who is paleo, vegan, AIP, GAPS, egg free, etc… OR anyone who is not eating grains or granulated sugar. No need to miss out on the pumpkin spice craze! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies You Can Actually EAT!
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash puree *bake squash then scoop out flesh
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie Spice AIP: use 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp molasses omit if GAPS
- Preheat oven to 350' and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss everything into a food processor and process until well blended.
- Scoop out in even amounts and flatten. **Libby's note: I really find this ice cream scoop easy to use as nothing sticks to it and everything is evenly sized.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you really want a crisper cookie, this is where you turn off the oven and allow the cookies to rest for an additional 30 mins. Otherwise, remove them after 30 mins and cool on a rack.
- Store uncovered if you'd like a hard cookie, and covered if you'd like it softer.