Pumpkin Spice Cookies You Can Actually Eat! (Paleo, AIP, GAPS, V)
Pumpkin spice – an autumn right of passage. Everywhere I turn this time of year, there’s an ad or a sign advertising pumpkin spiced something. The problem is most, if not all are loaded with corn syrup, grains and/or chemicals. Libby’s got your back though because I’ve been working on a yummy pumpkin spice cookie treat you can actually eat! *applause* I hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies You Can Actually EAT!
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash puree *bake squash then scoop out flesh
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie Spice AIP: use 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp molasses omit if GAPS
- Preheat oven to 350' and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss everything into a food processor and process until well blended.
- Scoop out in even amounts and flatten. **Libby's note: I really find this ice cream scoop easy to use as nothing sticks to it and everything is evenly sized.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you really want a crisper cookie, this is where you turn off the oven and allow the cookies to rest for an additional 30 mins. Otherwise, remove them after 30 mins and cool on a rack.
- Store uncovered if you'd like a hard cookie, and covered if you'd like it softer.